Tammy had an early appt in SLC and I had an admin/study morning at work so I was able to stay home and "babysit" (I always love when the kids ask if Dad is babysitting...I've tried to explain that I am their parent just like Mom and so it is not "babysitting" but they don't buy it!).
She left at 6:30 and was coming back around 9:30...3 hrs should be no big deal for a Dad. A quiet morning at home with the kids right...wrong. There were just a few complications:
- It happened to be picture day at school! Hair, at least once they are over the age of 2, is not really my specialty! Nevertheless Moriah seemed to be kind of amused that her Dad helped with her hair today. She left for school on time somewhat giddy.
- Then Jacob woke up...and threw up - 4 times!
- Which lead to scrubbing two separate beds and one family room floor twice (not to mention one kid 4 times)
- Of course it was nice that Kayley woke up and helped Jake feel better by putting on a cartoon movie and sitting on the couch with him.
- And then there was the second diaper change when I said, "okay Jake, daddy cleaned up all the poo-poo" and he said, "Yeah Daddy!" and started clapping his hands! That made it all worth it!
I still think this was some kind of a plot to make me appreciate what Tammy does every day even MORE!
Haha that is good Mark, that you notice what Tammy goes through every day, makes you appreciate her more, huh? Well, at least you know what it feels like, Bryan on the other hand, still struggles when changing Eligh's diapers, even til now!! I wonder when he will ever get use to the fact that changing one baby's diaper is not bad compared to six kids,that we hope to have someday!haha Great story Mark!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Now try all that being big and pregnant! hahaha
ReplyDeleteI need to add that Tammy is not big....just pregnant, I was referring to the last part of any pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteTroy spent most of the day with the kids and he forgot to pick Jordan up from preschool. He was 40 minutes late picking him up. I about died when I found out.
ReplyDeleteGreat job....Great Dad!
ReplyDelete