Kayley has been doing really well with her sight words and 3 letter sound-out words. She is starting to read more books now and her reading vocab is expanding. I am fairly sure that she is still on the 'guess what the words are by looking at the pictures' stage when she said this:
"I showed my brown balloons to the... Daddy, what starts with 'A' and looks like a monkey?"
I just started laughing!
P.S. The answer was APE!
That was very funny, but I have to give Kayley more credit than that. She has REALLY taken off, she has surprised me with sounding out BIG words (more than 3 letters) : ) She is doing GREAT, though reading isn't always her preference, PLAYING is! So preschool paid off, that’s where she stared reading. : )
ReplyDeleteSounds like she is right with Jaxon who is in 1st grade. Way to go Kayley!
ReplyDeleteOh how cute, Kayley is a smart girl, Go KAYLEY!! Can't wait to see you guys! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYeah Kayley!!
ReplyDelete