8/03/2008

Without Warning...

I am sitting in church with Kayley on my lap massaging her hand (you just rub the hand/fingers and wiggle the joints...it actually feels quite relaxing). Then they started a baby blessing, so I let go of her hand, put my arms around her to fold them, and closed my eyes. All of a sudden my hair is being pulled, I hear "Dad...dad" and then without warning...
SMACK!!!
Kayley slaps me right on the forehead!
After telling her to fold her arms I start thinking what I am going to tell her after the blessing to quitely reprimand her about not being reverent during the blessing when it occurs to me: she probably had no idea it had started. She too was "without warning".
Sure enough I asked her,
"Did you know they were blessing a baby?"
She replied,
"I thought you fell asleep!"
Thankfully, I was able to warn her about the second baby blessing so I could pay attention without having to worry about being smacked in the face again!
-Mark

4 comments:

  1. Is it a common thing...you falling asleep during church and all? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how she would 'normally' wake you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny funny all of you...no I usually don't fall asleep (at least not until priesthood), but yes, that is kayley's prefered way to wake me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! That is so hilarious but I'm very sorry that you got smacked in the head!!

    ReplyDelete