8/02/2009

Moving Week

WARNING!!! This Post is VERY long and wordy.
Continue at risk of boredom and only if you really care...
I am updating from work since, as of today, we are still without internet at home (how did we ever survive before the internet???).
I thought it might be fun to update everyone on our Moving Week:
Monday -
We were suppose to close on our house in Ephraim but due to various circumstances we didn't.
The movers did come though and start packing our house.
We had Moriah's friend birthday party outside (which I missed most of due to an unplanned C-Section at work) and then my mom took the kids back up to SLC with her as we finished up with the movers. After picking up the kids and putting them to bed (for the last time in their old house) we stayed up till about 2-3am packing and cleaning.
Tuesday -
I went to work and Tammy stayed with the movers. My mom came down again and watched the kids while we closed on our Ephraim house during my lunch break in my office cubicle. Mom took the kids this time to stay in SLC and Tammy and I stayed up late again finishing all the last minute packing and such to prepare for loading day on Wednesday.
Wednesday -
Packing all done. Loading the truck began. I took the dogs to the "doggie hotel" and worked most of the day. During lunch time, we closed on the sale of our Provo home and then I went back to work.
After work the ward activity day girls and relief society sisters came over to help clean the windows/walls and everything else. They were a BIG help. The loading was finished about 9pm and then Tammy and I did last minute touch up cleaning and took advantage of our home internet for the last time to do all our address changes. A trip to TacoBell for an 11pm dinner and then to my mom's house to sleep.
Tammy cried a little as we pulled away from our first real home together. We will really miss the house, all the memories and the great neighbors/ward.
Thursday -
Woke up at 7am and drove down to Ephraim to our new house. The movers showed about 30 mins later. Spent all day unpacking and putting beds and desks together. We left about 9pm to drive back to SLC to sleep at Grandma's house.
Friday -
I woke up and had a full day at work. It was sad to know it was my last day there.
Tammy went to Zach's 2wk appt with Dr. Savage and then we had lunch together in Provo.
Tammy, my mom and the kids finished packing our clothes and such from Grandma's house and then went to pick up Gloria and Patches from the "doggie hotel". Moriah was very excited to see their report card. They then drove back to Ephraim. Gloria apparently was too excited (and a little car sick) and vomited once but other wise the dogs did well on the 2 hr drive.
I joined them after finishing at work and it was back to unpacking boxes and decided where to put what!
Saturday -
We took some extra time to celebrate Moriah's birthday with some chocolate chip pancakes and then cake and icecream later on. However, most of the day was still devoted to unpacking. We did make a trip to the store and took the dogs for their first walk around the block.
We now have the main rooms put together and everyone has beds to sleep on, but we are still up to our ears in unpacked boxes. Maybe sometime before Christmas we feel more settled-in!
We have already met a ton of our neighbors and they all seem wonderful. We have received more snacks than we know what to do with and one of our neighbors even loaded up all of our old boxes and took them to the recycling center!
I think we are really going to like our neighborhood. Here's to hoping the rest all works out too!

7 comments:

  1. What a busy month you guys are having - new baby, new house, new job . . . what fun memories too! It sounds like you will fit it great with your neighbors - hope the unpacking goes well . . and quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy! I'm so sad you are gone. I hope it all goes well. We're still not completely settled and it's been about 3 years. Maybe when the basement is done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the pictures of the new baby? I thought you guys weren't moving until the Fall--sorry I missed you and didn't get to help you pack and clean. Jessica's husband got called to Afghanistan and she will be living with us for a while. We were doing the same thing as you--it is a pain. Keep in touch. Love you all, Aunt Janet and Uncle Stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of moving; it's wonderful!

    Random question, but what was the name of the organization Mark volunteered for in the DR during the summer?

    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for your family. I left a comment on the last post thinking I was on the most recent one! I just wanted to say that I am glad I am on your blog. I remember the good times in SJ and its good to see that you are doing great! CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby. He and all of your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The D.R. trip was with IASK - International Aid Serving Kids. www.IASK4Kids.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will miss you guys! I am glad that everything went well with your move. I can't believe you did all of that with a newborn. I bet you were exhausted!

    ReplyDelete